Monday, October 26, 2009

The Challenge

My friends keep telling me that I should post a blog about my personal baking challenge, to track all my trials and tribulations with baking a new cookie a week for 52 weeks. I must say I was on the fence with this whole blog thing. To have a successful blog, you need to keep it up to date, and I'm not certain I have the time from week to week to post the new creation and pics of my weekly adventure. After all I'm not a baker, I'm a nanny who was just fed up making the same chocolate chip cookie recipe over and over and over again,and there's the catch, 99% of all these cookies need to be kid friendly. They need to be able help and enjoy eating them.

Personally, I think my friends just want all my cookie recipes. What they don't know is, I usually don't have recipes. I know the basics of a cookie dough recipe and I adapt it to suit whatever flavor I'm experimenting with from week to week.

Nevertheless, I've decided to try out this whole blog thing. Let's hope it goes well.

So here's the thing, I'm actually already on week 8. I'm going to try and recap the first 7 cookie recipes, within the next 3 weeks. The kids will enjoy all the extra treats anyways.

The 7 previous weeks were;
-1- Chocolate Chip
-2- Apple Buttons
-3- Oatmeal Raisin
-4- Peanut Butter
-5- Chocolate Cookies
-6- Pumpkin Cookies
-7- Rainbow Pinwheels

And week 8 is Halloween Cookies. A fabulous roll out sugar cookie recipe that never ever fails. I've probably made this recipe just as much as my chocolate chip recipe!!

My goal is to post my results by Friday, so if you want to try them out for yourselves, you'll have the weekend to get messy in the kitchen!

Don't forget to let the kids help.

Cheers Crystal :)

1 comment:

  1. Hooray! I'm so excited Crystal! I will pass along some of my recipes for you to try as well. Thanks for starting this blog! I've already put a link on my page for you (and for me to easily link to you!!)

    Thanks so much!
    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete